Wednesday, December 22, 2004

My heart goes out to families.

Ok, so I couldn't just stop. I had to write this one. As I read on the DrudgeReport about the attack in Mosul my heart was just sad. I believe we are fighting this war for a good reason. I believe we should stay there. I believe we need to finish what we start and finish well. All that said, it does not negate the sadness I feel as I think about the families of these soldiers. People who, depending on where their family member is stationed, consider Iraq to be hell.

I am saddened by the knowledge that this Christmas will mark the beginning of years of memory as this time of year is associated with the death or dismemberment of someone they love. I am saddened by the knowledge that this will continue at least for a season. We are inextricably tied to the country of Iraq. To leave would be a sin against ourselves and the people who have come to depend on us to make change occure.

Please join with me in prayer for the families left behind and those who are still there. May God grant them wisdom and courage in the midst of stress and tragedy. May the see the goodness of God in that place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home