Thursday, January 20, 2005

You Go Bushie, I mean Mr. President, sir

Inauguration day starts well. From my warm and comfy living room, for the first time, I am able to sit and watch as the inauguration happens. While I support our president there are still times I wonder if he is making good decisions but I have no doubt about the choices for singers and speakers at the inauguration.

Oh my goodness! I was shocked as the camera panned from John Kerry and former president Clinton. It showed political "enemies" of the President and the singer sang, "Heal our land..."

It was beautiful. My mind was immediate to recall the words of God ...

"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways then I will hear from heaven and I will heal their land."

We think of others who need to pray for forgiveness but no one is good, not even one. All of us fall short of the glory of God and all of us, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Unitarians and any other arians need forgiveness. We NEED to ask. We NEED to be willing to do things differently. We NEED to be real. God wants to heal us and forgive us.

The tears flowed from my eyes in the hope that maybe some do believe these true words and God will, as He chooses, help us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home